Budapest, Bratislava, and on to Krakow.

Budapest Travel Blog

So I caught a cold and have some wicked nutty welts on both elbows that itch something fierce. No idea where they came from. They're huge, though, and I'm thinking they're hives, although I've never had those before. Aye, torturous!

Anyway, backing up a few days. Budapest: Sweet. Cool hill with stuff on it. Spent three days there and it was pretty nice. Lots of cool buildings; the parliament building is insane. I think I took a picture from every conceivable angle. I walked through some weird "labyrinth" of caverns underneath Buda castle. A network of caves created by hot springs that were later carved out even more during the WWs for hiding out or something.

I went to a bath on my last day. Hot bath. Naturally. There was one outside so I jumped in that for a while.
It was a long walk from the door, though, and only about 35 degrees (2) outside so now I have a cold. Or maybe it was because we went to some club thing where they played polka music and everyone hopped around in a circle all... polka like. Maybe that's not polka. Anyway, then I walked back at 2 am in the freezing cold and then didn't sleep hardly at all because of the three loudest snorers on the face of the earth lying ten feet away from me in the hostel dorm. Or maybe it was a combination.

Anyway, caught the train to Bratislava. Mostly stayed inside because I got there after dark and I've decided I really hate cold weather and it was cold. In the morning I ventured out and explored the city for about two hours. It was quaint. The castle was closed (aren't all of them) so there wasn't a whole lot to do or see. The streets were nice (but strangely empty) and.... yeah.

So then I caught another train to Krakow. It cost 50 bucks. That's a lot more than all these other trains cost. Wonder what the deal is with that. Krakow is nice. But cold. And my arms are really itching. Sucks. So anyway, more on Krakow later. I was planning on hitting up Brno, Czech Republic after this but I can't seem to find any hostels in that place. Think I'll probably just head straight to Vienna two or three days. Should be nice. And maybe it'll be warmer. Maybe.... hopefully....