Touch down BKK and driving thru to Ban Phe

Ban Phe Travel Blog

A little jetlag hit us when we stepped out of our plane. Incredibely heat slapped us in the face. WOW! We're in Thailand!
After collecting the bagagge we walked to the exit of the airport in search of a smoking area. (I'm terrible, I know). In fact we wanted to search the public bus leaving to Ban Phe, but a taxi driver offered us to take us there. The sight of an aircon taxi was too attempting for us so we bargained quickly with the man.

I forgot to make pictures of the trip to Ban Phe. I only remember thinking "it's not  like Indonesia" and I saw a lot of blue roofs on houses (it made me wonder why and I still don't know).

After arriving in Ban Phe, the taxi driver brought us to one of the many pier's. The ticket sellers were happy to sell us anything.
Of course we wanted a ride to Koh Samed and we wanted a hotel. They made us believe that the island was busy and that we could best make a reservation through them. We walked away a couple of times, knowing that it wasn't true what they tried to sell us.... But after all we couldn't go by swimming to Koh Samed! So we got a good price (we thought then) for the speed boat ticket and one night hotel on Koh Samed at Ao Phai (Sea Breeze Hotel). He tried to sell us more than one night at that hotel, but we thougt that we'd better arrange a new price with the hotel owner ourselves (and this proved to be true later).
Oh well, these people in Ban Phe had to earn their money too, and we're talking about a few euro's. But we allways want to pay a right price, don't like the feeling to be ripped off for a few euro's. It makes me feel like a walking wallet (not nice!).

This was my first time ever in a speed boat. It really rocked me upside down!! WOW! What a strength and power! Every wave smacked us back from high to down, water was splashing in our faces. We had a fun drive to the island! The jetlag even seemed to dissapear. :)

In the distance Koh Samed was waiting for us.
Our speedboat to Koh Samed