Day 3 Koh Samed

Koh Samed Travel Blog

Good morning!
We woke up at 14.30 (!) hr..... Terrible late but then again, we possible needed a good night sleep. It's funny to order a breakfast at that time, but the people from our restaurant didn't roll with their eyes. (:D)
During breakfast I talked with Ron about the profile of Robert whom I had seen while still in the Netherlands. Robert wrote on his profile that he owned a bar on Koh Samed on the beach Aoh Wonduan or Vaduan (I didn't remember that moment). So we decided to go see him and started to walk. On the island they have good footpaths with the distances added behind the place you want to go, so you'll know how far you have to walk.
We arrived at his place, 'Baywatch' and ordered some drinks and food. We couldn't find Robert and decided to wait a little. Ron went swimming, I enjoyed my beer and viewing the life on the beach.
Heading for Ao Wongduean
Robert showed up after all and took a seat at our table. Great guy! He used to live in Groningen bit explained that he was for years now in Koh Samed. Nice talking to you Robert! And as I promised you, I will write a blog and review about your ' Baywatch'. When we were ready to take the journey back to Ao Phai, Robert adviced Ron (outside my hearing distance) to take a short cut if he had a flashlight with him. Ron told him he had. "But be careful, there are snakes in the jungle", he added. Ron was wise enough not to inform me with that information. So we took the short cut. Hand in hand, sweating, through the dark jungle with a tiny flashlight. After arriving on our own beach, Ron told me about the snake-thing and I was glad I didn't had an encounter with one of those slippery friends!!

Robert's profile
Website of Baywatch Bar

We enlarged the evening by walking to Ao Kwa, visiting Poya Bar and on our way back to Ao Phai listening to some local reggea stars at the  Reggea Bar. At our beach near the disco, some guys were playing with fire. It was fun watching them, but after a while we decided to call it a day and went to sleep.
Heading for Ao Wongduean
Ao Wongduean, visiting Robert at h…
Ao Wongduean, visiting Robert at …
Cafe Baywatch
Fire dancers on Ao Phai
Fire dancers on Ao Phai
Our disco Silversand
Our 'disco' Silversand
Not swinging at the disco!
Not swinging at the disco!
Koh Samed