A surprising arrival to Santiago

Santiago Travel Blog

Quick view of Santiago

I arrived into Chile after a very comfortable flight with LAN. I was very pleasantly surprised by that airline. Good food, comfortable seats, punctual, everything was great. However, when we arrived into immigration, we were warned that citizens from Mexico, USA, Canada, Australia and Albania (!) had to pay a reciprocity fee (!!) when passing through immigration. I was kind of shocked and surprised but the amount for Mexicans wasn’t so bad. I felt bad for the Americans who had to pay over $100 dlls just to get into Chile lol. Immigration was quick, but customs was terribly slow! I was a little ashamed with my friend who was waiting for me at the airport. After around an hour and a half, I could finally make it out. There were hundreds of people waiting for travelers. It was quite hard to find my friend but I finally did and we headed back home.

After a shower and breakfast, we met his wife and his kid and decided to do a quick tour by car in Santiago before going to Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. I took a few pictures but will take so much better ones during my walking trip by the city. I was very impressed by how modern, nice and clean the city is. It looks like Toronto in some places. However, I will talk more about it in the next entries of my blog.

cotton_foam says:
Hi, Carlos! Just reading your blog for Chili -- who knows -- it will be my next trip! :D
Posted on: May 06, 2014
Africancrab says:
Thanks for sharing Carlos, I should love to visit Chile sometime.
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010
montecarlostar says:
Hey Carl, I am glad you liked the blog! You will love Santiago and Chile! It's an awesome country. It's a shame I couldn't take many pictures of Viña, but I am telling you that it is fantastic. You'll love it. Don't miss the Reñaca beach in Viña. Please share a blog about your trip. I will be very interested to know how you guys did.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2009