Stuttgart

Stuttgart Travel Blog

So after leaving France I was off to Familiar teritory in Germany. I have travelled to the country a fair bit in the past so knew what to expect from the place. Arriving at Stuttgart main station I got off the train to be greeted by a host of friends whom I had attended university with.
The reason for coming to Stuttgart was simple, Fruhlingsfest. This is Stuttgarts spring version of Oktoberfest. Afew of us had been to the even before so we knew what to expect, 5 days of German beer drinking.
I'd like to be able to give you a day by day run down of events, but in all honesty they all blur into one continuous fuzzy memory.
The beer festival itself runs from around midday to midnight so as you can imagine most of our time was spent in there. Its not all beer tents however and we did indulge in some of the fairground/carnival activities that were on offer.
In the times we weren't sampling the local brew we did venture out into the city itself. Stuttgart is home of the Mercedes Benz factory so we took a tour of that. We also ventured up the TV tower, which we were told was the 1st of it's kind, there's a bit of history for you.
But as you can imagine all roads lead back to the beer tents.
So its 4 days of this lifestyle for us before I leave the town towards Eastern Europe. I don't really know where im off to but I have to be in Moscow by the 11th or 12th so I shall keep you posted.

Stuttgart