Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Eiffel Tower
After completing all border formalities (which takes all of 2 seconds) I set foot in Paris, and I guess you can officially say the trip had started
. Paris is pretty easy to nevigate as it has the metro so finding my hostel for the next 3 days was not a problem at all. The hostel itself looked pretty new so that is always an added bonus. Having dumped my gear I wandered around the area of Paris where the hostel was. Paris however was still pretty wet following the downpour that greated me earlier in the day.
The next day however Paris was sunny so I was thankful that the weather had turned. I suppose no trip to Paris is complete without seeing the tourist sites. So I hit sites such as The Louvre, arc Du Triumph, Eiffel Tower etc etc.
The Louvre
However once done with the sites I heading to Sacre Cour to get an overall view of the city, which at night looks pretty impressive. Other notible mentions on the Parisian sites go to Moulin Rouge (obviously), having a random coffee in the Amelie Cafe, Monmartre red light district and Parc la villette.
Having been to Paris numerous times I feel I know the city farely well so many of my evenings were spent socialising with randoms in small bars in whatever district I found myself in at the time. I often find that the small bars located down alleys or in cellars are the best for experiencing the place you are in. You get to meet the locals as opposed to being with all the other tourists.
However upon leaving Paris early in the morning i found out that the french way to tell a tourist the train station is closed is "Get Out, Go Stalingrad". I had to make the assumption that Stalingrad was the next staion, but it was nice of him to tell me on the first place I guess. Gotta love those Frenchies.
I only stayed  in Paris for 3 nights and I took it pretty easy as my next destiantion is Germany, and as we all know the Germans love their beer festivals. So upon getting on a train to Stuttgart I was looking forward to a 5 day stopover in Stuttgart where I would meet a group of friends for Uni. It could get interesting.

Paris