London - Paris

London Travel Blog

So once again I am leaving the "safety net" of the UK. Not content with having travelled before University I am once again delaying my entry into the 'real world' to see the rest of it!
So the trip "officially" starts in London as that is where I shall depart the UK from. However unlike most people Im not heading to Heathrow or Gatwick but St Pancrass station. I have decided that i'll try to travel the world using as little air travel as possible. Therefore , after all the goodbyes at the platform, I boarded the Eurostar train and was soon on my way out of the big smoke.
As train journeys go it was fairly normal, you just befriend the person sitting next to you for the following 2½ hours.Luckilly I wasn't sat next to some 'crazy man' but a French guy who was just going home, ironic seeing as I was leaving mine.
After passing through the tunnel France greeted me with pretty much the same views that England had left me with. However while you watch the world go by from a train window you start to notice silly things, such as 'the Pylons look different in France'.
After flying through the French countryside I finally got a glimpse of Paris. With almost perfect timing the heavens opened and my view just turned into a vision of water running down the window. I was hopeing this wasn't going to turn into a trend as I arrived at my first port of call!
photo by: ulysses