Day 4 of New York Adventure

New York Travel Blog

Day 4 of New York Adventure

Get up this morning for almost my last day in NYC. I am off to explore some more of this city. I get on the subway and make it to another station. I get to the area where the USA national Debt is displayed and keeps increasing, quite interesting.

I walk around Union park for awhile then make it to the birth place house of Mr Roosevelt. You can do tours of the house, but it is closed today, so I am out of luck. I have supplied you all with a photo of the front door.

I then walk into the SOHO district and Chinatown and Little Italy. I also see some good places to park cars where your car is hoisted up onto a shelf and stored all day, too funny. The Chinese/ Asian district is one of the biggest in North America.

more of this area
I goes on for many blocks everywhere and is a world of its own.

The Little Italy portion is neat too, as it was almost being in Italy all over again, with its Gelato shops everywhere and out door cafes on the street. Very interesting and special place NYC is really.

I continue my walk into the Supreme Court building and admire the great structure this place.

I then make a long walk back to Pier 17 again and check out the old ship here, quite neat. I go into the shopping area and stop for a quick lunch. I go to the food court and have some good Chinese food for today and Coca-Cola.

Afterward I make a plan and decide to venture into Brooklyn in the area. I go to the famous Brooklyn Bridge and walk from end to the Brooklyn Side.

SOHO area
It is an impressive bridge with its steal cables and fancy walkways.

I walk the whole walk as some people never do it. In Brooklyn I explore for a few hours going to hang in some park, checking out buildings, very different from Lower Manhattan. I make it to the Fulton Street Mall, a different area with lots of people talking a bit vulgar here, but interesting. It is quite an interesting side of town, almost a different world here.

I later make it back to main NYC and end up at the FAO Schwarz store, a famous toy store, where there are guys outside dressed like toy soldiers, quite interesting. I make and go check out the HQ for Apple, going down an elevator and I end up in a big store. Where lots of new products are on display and sale of this brand. I think I will wait till the inventions are made by other companies.

Lol

Later on the in the day, I decide I have not been adventurous enough, so I decide to head to Harlem. I get onto the subway and make a long journey to think Station 125 st or something. I get off at Malcolm X BLVD and walk up at the street for awhile. Here it is another different world from other parts of NYC. Not a bad place really, just different and its no so bad as some people claim the area to be. I do a walk about here for awhile and then turn around. I make my way back into NYC through north part of Central Park, this will be my last day to explore the park and take in this amazing city.

Take it easy this evening and just reflect on what I did in NYC. I plan to come back to this amazing city some time in the future.

To end on this, the next morning I had a flight at 11am, but something told me to get to the airport early. As it was pouring rain big time. I get into my taxi and haul one off the street in pouring rain. I get to La Guardia Airport and check in with Air Canada I am told I am going to fly an early flight ,as AC wants everyone out ASAP due to the rain. I get on the early flight and make it to Toronto, going through Canada Customs, without a problem. Then flight home to Thunder Bay was all good.

It was an amazing trip, hope to get back here in future for sure.

Thank you for reading bout my NYC Adventure. See you and happy travels.

Birth place of Roosevelt