Lima Travel Blog

I flew pretty much all day from Vancouver to Lima. I got up at 5am for my 730 flight to Houston.  It was a pretty painless flight, only about 4 1/2hrs. I had to hangout in the airport in Houston, which is named after George Bush Sr. and it fit idea of what you have of Houston's airport. Lots of people and stores with "Don't Mess With Texas" shirts.  THere was one kid who was about 7 or 8 that was so fat that he couldn't even walk properly, pretty pathetic really.  however what was nice was that almost everyone there spoke Spanish so it was a nice warm up for Peru.  I didn't get to Lima until about 1130 Lima time. I got through customs easily and then headed out into a massive group of taxi drivers all with different people's names written on their signs. I found mine easily enough and the guy was actually a pretty cool guy. We talked for most of the 20 minute drive to the hostel in Miraflores, a suburb of Lima.  I was pretty surprised with how much I could explain to the guy in SPanish, as he didn't speak any English until it was time to pay for the ride when suddenly it seemed he could demand more than was agreed upon. I wasn't about to hassle the guy over the extra 20 cents he wanted and just paid him. I guess that makes me a bit better than Patty Kane.  I quickly passed out and got up at around 9 the next day.  I spent the day getting my bearings walking around Miraflores.  I got breakfast and dinner from a remarkably nice supermarket up the street from my hostel and am spending the night hanging out watching Fear Factor and soccer with th guy who runs the hostel.
gavin09 says:
hey Colin your pics look great....your looking more and more like your dad every day!

PS Theoren Fleury is making a come back to the NHL
Posted on: Aug 12, 2009
hopesharon says:
glad you paid the 20 cents - as i am not coming down to bail you out!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2009