The Road to Chichen Itza

Chichen Itza Travel Blog

As I stated in my intro, my New Year's trip to Mexico was a last minute plan. I was bored, my kids were going to be with their Dad, and most of my friends were not doing much for New Year's Eve, thank you recession. All of these things foretold of a less than stellar New Year's celebration.  So, there I sat, nursing a hangover, when an idea came to me. When all else fails- get out of town! That has been a motto of mine for many years but it had become increasingly more difficult to live by with the addition of my twins.

I perused all the usual suspects, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, what to do? Due to available flights and cost of trip, Cancun was the winner! I was going with my best friend for the last 15 years, Jason, who had just finished flight school and received a shiny new commercial multi-license, I think it is called. We headed down to MIA and had a ceremonial first cocktail in the lounge before boarding our flight. After we boarded Jason decided he should introduce himself to the crew and let them know there was a pilot on board in case of any emergencies. Then we were instructed to follow the flight attendant, with our bags to first class- score! It is a short flight, for sure, but it always is more fun in first class!!!

pentaxpete says:
One day I would like to get to Mexico...perhaps a Mariachi festival...something enchanting about this old style type of music.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2009