A trip up Mt.Lemmon with Canadian Travbuddy Mike

Mt. Lemon Travel Blog

My Canadian friend Mike called to say he was in Arizona for the winter, he said he was tired of the cold weather in Canada and the years are causing him to wish for warmer climate. He had since bought a motor home and travelled to the US with the aim to travel southward towards Mexico. Mike was  camping out in Phoenix in one of the Motor home places in what many would consider a “travelling home” with all the niceties like television, dinning, bedroom, shower bathroom, toilet a well furnished kitchen with stove, microwave and refrigerator to mention but a few. He wanted to see me before he heads into Mexico, so I invited him to Tucson for the weekend, he surfed my couch together with his hunting dog Tuzzi. I do not like animals in the house, not even pets like Dogs and cats, but I had to put up with Tuzzi for Mike’s sake.

Once in Tucson, I decided to give Mike a tour beginning with the Sonoran Desert Museum, Sabino Canyon and finally a trip up Mount Lemmon. We did not spend much time out on the mountain because the hour was late and Mike had not refueled after the trip to the desert museum. We went up as far as the Babad Do’ag Trail look out, spend a little over half an hour and decided we would call it a day.

Mt. Lemon