How one travels inexpensively and has a blast doing it

Saint Louis Travel Blog

Conques
The thing is:  You HAVE to know how to travel  light,  cheap and mostly fun.  I'm not saying you have to be born that way, but it helps.  You find that you LOVE TRAVEL SO MUCH, that you'll do it, despite the fact that you love your pillow top bed at home, and that you can't possibly make out that stuff you're eating in front of you, & you don't know how you're getting from A to B, but you've taken notes, you've read, you've researched and you've plotted.  It also helps immensely to have someone else to travel with who KNOWS how to do this also.  They want to find the bargains, they KNOW how to FIND the bargains; it's not the worst thing in the world to drop in a McDonalds in Macedonia, even though you vowed only to eat the native's food - (& truth be known.
Aveyron Valley France
...those McDonalds OVER THERE, are sometimes so much more incredible tasting than you'd ever imagine) and it's not because you've walked 20 miles uphill to that Pilgrim site and are STARVING either. They're just better.  WE - my husband and I are really blessed to have an incredible travel buddy, A/K/A Richard, the travel  sensational, savviest, "SEE where I can get you for HALF that" tour guide/airline colleague that ever walked the face of the earth.  We went to Poland for like $200 bucks.  No kidding, - well, not quite that cheap, but almost, and it was FUN FUN FUN! AND, regardless of the fact that I detoured from our budget plan of fast food meals and ate a flaming shish-ka-bob with Slavic wine in the Warsaw Hotel resturant, (while Richard LOOKED on - that hard headed fastfood freak)..... it still was a bargain. And, it was FUN!  I LOVE Poland!  Oh. That's right. I'm HALF POLISH. I forgot.
oldfield23 says:
Loved your pictures and commentary on past trips...brought back many good memories...now we can see things through our travel buddy's (Richard) eyes as well !
Posted on: Aug 05, 2009