Athens - Paris - 3 countries one day

Paris Travel Blog

Pretty exhausted. But we're still moving up and down long flts of steps, long blocks, long terminal treks, but all for good.  My pedomoter

reached 3 miles and that was before I got out of the airport!  We are in Paris and spent one whirlwind day after disembarking off AirFrance to

Terminal 2 and drove around a LOT on their Terminal bus going to Terminal 1, which if you do it - allow an hour for transfer time or more. Yes. a lot more.   That was disconcerting and we didn't have a flight to catch! Wow.  Finally, got us to the SNCF CDG VAL which means the TRAM will then take you (from the Terminal 2 bus) to your Terminal 1 (International) or Terminal 3.   It is a looooooong process folks.

There is much to write about, but am on a time limit (ofcourse!) again, at the CDG airport awaiting my departure to CLT.  Paris was a whirlwind evening once we plopped down in the Airport hotel (IBIS) - and be assured I'll be writing a review about THAT hotel.  Usually we love the IBIS.  Enough now.   Don't forget, if not using an ATM all the time for your money, if you must go to an EXHANGE and you are STAFF with an airline - they will give a hefty discount.  Turkish money - 100 Lira was going to be 38 euros, but with the airline discount, it was 42 euros.  Nice savings.  Most of the time, though, an ATM is a better deal.

Closing for now and until I can once again log on, and it won't be 35,000 feet up that's for sure.

What a wonderful, historial, adventurous, fast paced, challenging, but overall splendid trip - and I did keep to my budget!  (That's because Athens is still fairly reasonable and Istanbul CERTAINLY is, and Paris, well, ah, Paris, you don't stay very long in Paris on a budget!

But what icing on the cake at the end of our trip!

C'est Magnifie!