Niagara Falls Travel Blog

A visit to Niagara Falls is always a breathtaking experience. I had previously visited years ago as a young kid and didn't quite remember all of the majesty of this natural phenomenon. As a kid I took a voyage on the Maid of the Mist, or whatever that boat was called. This time, however, it was early April and there were still chunks of ice around and few tourists so no boats. But the sight of the Niagara River roaring with all of that fury is a chilling reminder of the power of Mother Nature. I can't recall the fury of the river between Lake Erie and the falls from my childhood visit so I don't know if it was just the time of year, but WOW!!!! I assume it is like the bottleneck effect when you're in a traffic jam, only the water behind you doesn't stop like the cars do. What a wild river. One of my favorite things to see in my country.

One thing I find disturbing about Niagara Falls is the vast differences between the United States side of the falls, and the Canada side of the falls. I do love our neighbors to the north, but this seems to be one case in which they've disappointed me greatly. I thought I was looking across into Las Vegas before I realized that I was freezing my butt off in New York. Some things are better left unspoiled, but I guess when there's money to be made there's little anyone can do to stop it. My principled belief is not shared by all or else there'd be no market for these hotels, casinos, etc.
montecarlostar says:
Lol well Niagara Falls is suppoused to be the honeymoon's #1 destination ever! I guess that makes young couples the perfect victims of rip-off in luxurious hotels and casinos hehe :D
Posted on: Sep 02, 2009