Wadi Rum Travel Blog

Wadi Rum
Leaving Wadi Musa to Aqaba by minibus that supposed to be departed early in the morning. The hostel said they have only early morning bus and the next one will be at 3pm. Normal trail usually from Wadi Musa, travelers are heading to Wadi Rum. The temperature was boiling hot. I would probably get a heat stroke if I had gone to Wadi Rum desert in the peak of summer. I skipped it thinking of during cooler month , Wadi Rum by 4 x 4 jeep excursion and overnight in the desert under the star will be much exciting.

So there was no more minibus leaving to Aqaba after 8.30am apparently. I was aware the trend of minibus here is some journey only departing when the bus is full. Hence looking to leave during the odd hours was possible. Luckily the was minibus cost me 5 JD and the seats were more than half empty.

After waited for half an hour, the bus driver recommended (but more like forcing )us to pay double for the bus to leave immediately. The minibus drove us along the Desert Highway which amazed me with stimulating glimpse of Wadi Rum red rocky desert landscape.

Oh well next time I’ll be sure to be there.

Desert highway