Day Four

Umhausen Travel Blog

Staubenfall

Well our first complete day in Austria. We went to Oetz, a bit more of a tourist village and looked around there for a bit.
If you love to walk then you can go up to the little (and by the way beautifull) Church and after that follow a trekking road of a good two, three hours up the mountain near Oetz. We just went up to the church and down again. We also wanted to visit a museum but it was closed. So no luck.

After that we went back through Umhausen and to Solden, quite a bit further in to the Oetz Valley. We walked around the village but the village itself isn't so spectaculair.

Staubenfall
All the way up to though there is a skiing area which you can also use in the Summer so it's highly popular, which we noticed by the amount of guest houses on a road up the mountain which we took. The view there is amazing. But I wouldn't really recommend Solden if you aren't going to skie.

In the afternoon we went back to Umhausen and went up for a stroll to the Staubenfall, the waterfall near to the camping. It isn't quite a stroll because it takes you about fifty minutes to get to the bottom of the waterfall and then it can take you another hour maybe two to get to the top plateau. We only went two plateau's high because honestly, my legs just aren't used to climbing mountains. It was my first time so yeah I didn't last so long. But the waterfall is gorgeous and completely free to visit I might mention. You aren't charged anything and there is only one restaurant on the way up which we found quite refreshing (in comparison to another waterfall we visited later on). All in all this waterfall is definetely worth visiting, even if you can only get to the bottom of the Waterfall. The way up to that bottom is amazing too with the little streams along the way and the view that you have at some points looking down.

After that we went back to the camping who is called Camp Krissmer. We would highly recommend this camping because they are very friendly, you get to choose your own place and then when you have, they will tell you tons of things about the area what you can visit. Off all the campings, this one is definitely our favourite.

Umhausen