A castle in the middle of No-where!

Olmillos de Sasamon Travel Blog

I was on my way towards Zaragoza and needed to fill my car up with diesel. I had been passing many gas stations but I wanted one that was on my side of the road and not one where I had to drive 30 minutes of the road to get there.

I decided to stop at the one that was situated next to the little city of Olmillos de Sasamon. I went for the gas station but noticed a little castle further down the road, which I decided to look at after the stop. I filled the car up and had quite a lot of fun with the two ladies, who were taking care of the payment. They didn’t understand much of what I was saying to them but we all laughed all the time.

The Castle
I even decided to buy yet another Spanish bull there to put on my SMART back home; I like these small little buggers. I ended our funny session and went out to the car and drove to the little city of Olmillos de Sasamon, which I found was a nice name.

The village was very small and dominated by two builds; the castle and the church; then you knew where the power was back in the old days. The castle was nicely renovated and turned into a four star hotel. For a brief moment I actually considered to stay there for the night, because it looked really nice. When I came home I looked the hotel up and it looks really great and the one review I found was really positive. It is funny though that a beautiful hotel like this is being created so far from everything, but there might be good things in the neighbourhood that I naturally don’t know anything about. I went for a spin in the city and the continued my drive on the motorway, driving as far as I could before I would get too tired; I had started in Santiago do Cacem 10 hours earlier.

Church tower