Waking up in Calahorra

Calahorra Travel Blog

The main city centre

I woke up early and packed the few things I had taken with me from the car. I went down for the breakfast but hadn’t expected something special. Did I get surprised; the breakfast was fantastic. There were a lot of local Spanish dishes mad up in small tapas-like portions. I was almost alone; there was one other guy reading a newspaper and also one waitress who was preparing the buffet.

I started very calmly but kept on getting a few of these delighting goodies. I looked in front of me and I had built a small tower of these mini plates; but this was too good to be true. The juice was also freshly squeezed oranges, apples and melon; it was an exquisite breakfast and a way to start the day.

I knew I was 120km from Zaragoza and little bit more than 400km from Andorra that was going to be my first stop of the day. I checked-out with the same guy I checked-in with; just like in Sevilla and decided to drive around in the city before I left it. I was not certain that I would be back in this city again.

After a spin in the city I went for the motorway and Andorra. The roads were full of cars driving slowly with all the families in them. In most of them I saw an old lady in black dress in the front seat next to the driver and I was certain that they were on the way to church being a Sunday morning.

The parking and my car
The fruit
The fruit
The weather was nor good or bad
The weather was nor good or bad
The hotel entrance - boring!
The hotel entrance - boring!
One of many churches in the city