Setting the viewpoint on Sevilla

Sevilla Travel Blog

The view from my hotel widow

I was thinking about driving to Cadiz but at one point I decided to call it a day in Sevilla where I some years earlier had some great night in the old Jewish quarter. The road to Sevilla was as all over Spanish motorways nice: while I was driving in to Sevilla I saw the caravan of beach seeking Sevillians driving towards the coast. It had become early Friday evening, which I hadn’t thought about before I suddenly saw that the traffic out of the city consisted of cars with surfboards on the roof.

I entered the city and again asked my GPS for hotel suggestions and I followed it gladly. I ended up in front of NH Viapol and knowing the NH hotels I knew that the quality would be good, which I had decided should be my level of hotel for the day. I had become a bit tired due to the long drive from Cordoba but also because of all the impressions I had gotten this day having reach one of my main goal of the trip too; Gibraltar.

I entered the hotel and they had a room to a very fair price. I found that Spain was much more empty than usual but in general it is easy to find good hotels in the large cities during the summer period. I landed heavy on my bed and was for a short while considering leaving for the city and going for some of the cities fantastic tapas but the bed was too good to me and I decided just to end my day in the hotel room overlooking the city and sleep in early.

Sevilla