Paris and those dare devils on two wheels

Paris Travel Blog

Bikes passing in the no-lane

I entered Paris in the rush hour after just 2h45m; the traffic had been very pleasant all the way. Once in Paris I was doing good finding the path trough Paris in direction towards Bordeaux.

At one point the traffic stopped and the fearless driving from the motor bikes became more and more evident. In Bruxelles I am used to bikers making their own path through the lanes but in Paris they speed very fast. I had just been amazed by a guy on his Honda Goldwing: a huge bike, which slalomed his way through the trophy. He was driving is a an. Cross bike!

I started to see if I could catch some of these dare devils in their act from the car but I did not really succeed. I kept on thinking about a comment from Philip (Deats) who said that riding a scooter in Vietnam was suicidal and there would not go two day before you would see the first dead guy and I wondered how many fatal accidents they have here in Paris a year.

Bike accident in Paris
I hope it is not too many; well you could of cause argue if there was one, it was too many.

I started to see if I could catch some of these dare devils in their act from the car on my camera but I did not really succeed. I kept on thinking about a comment from Philip.

At one point the traffic in my direction was completely stopped and they communicated a 29 minutes delay on their billboards. Finally getting to the accident I could see that it had been a bike that had been squeezed; I felt like it had to come.

After this accident, the traffic went well again and I headed towards Toulouse 1000 km from Brussels.

Lord_Mike says:
I can't watch this stuff. There was 2 or 3 guys killed when I was active duty in the Navy...and thus the reason I never learned to ride motorcycles.
Posted on: Aug 11, 2009