Leaving for Portugal

Sevilla Travel Blog

Up early; before everybody

I woke up very early next morning and I packed my few things and went for the breakfast. I was naturally alone down there in the beginning; who would in their right mind be up so early in a city that mostly lived in the night due to the heat in the day. I had a good breakfast and checked out from the hotel being served by the same guy who checked me in the day before. I was thinking about this and hoped that he had as quick a night as I had.

I drove around in the city centre being puzzled by the emptiness and at the same time I enjoyed it too. I could see that the city was still sleeping and the only activity was the preparation of the day to come; cleaning the streets, putting up tables and chairs in front of the caf├ęs and so on. It was quite nice being up at this time with the early birds of Sevilla.

Almost nobody on the streets

After a while I thought that enough must be enough and I set my target for the next goal of my trip the nice little city of Santiago do Cacem in Portugal where I was intending to spend most of my holiday. All what I had seen so far, was on the way of getting there.

I had planned to drive the coastline in to Portugal, like I did when I was in Sevilla the last time, coming in to Portugal from Huelva and entering at Faro but already when I got out on the motorway just outside the city ring I found out why I had been alone in the city centre. The Sevillian were not sleeping like I had thought; no they were all stuck on the motorway to Huelva.

After being stuck there for more than 45 min and not moving more than a couple of kilometres I decided to drive the inland route to Portugal. I had listen to the local radio and I heard that there was more than 20 km queue getting out of Sevilla and I had no intention about staying there for the whole day; especially if there was a good alternative road. I had gone that way in to Portugal before too but this was coming from Madrid.

A man and his horse
A retro gas station
A retro gas station
Waiting for the day to come
Waiting for the day to come
Getting ready for the first accide…
Getting ready for the first accid…
Sevilla Hotels & Accommodations review
Nh Viapol (Sevilla)
Another great GPS finding, who remember the old days with visits to the tourist office. This hotel is situated a couple of kilometres from downtown Se… read entire review
Sevilla