Facing the wall

Oliana Travel Blog

Road view

I was getting close to the Spanish-Andorran border and I have always enjoyed this part of the road since I drove here for the first time 4-5 years ago. The road has become much better since then and I remember then that they were building some of the bridges and the trucks carrying the enormous concrete elements had huge difficulties getting trough some of the small cities before they reached their end destination. The trucks were blocking everything and therefore had most of the transport done by night time.

When you reach Oliana, which is a small municipality in the comarca of the Alt Urgell and situated in the Segre valley immediately below the Oliana reservoir, it is like the mountains come at you like the trees in Lord of the Rings. Suddenly they are there looking down at you. To me it is a fantastic view; this time I tried to take some picture of the road just to keep the impression a bit long and maybe to a cold winter day.

Oliana is well known by climbers because of the steep mountains but I didn’t see any on the sides this time.

Chokk says:
Thanks
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009
rintjez says:
the pictures are awesome!!
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009