Back in Sines for the last time this year

Sines Travel Blog

I love these trees

After my drive to Setubal and picking up my car and the brief visit to Pamela I hesitated to drive back to Santiago do Cacem. I wanted to find a good place to have my last dinner in Portugal for this time.

I decided that it was a good idea to go back to Sines for the last time this year. I walked the empty streets looking if they had closed more shops this year. It seems like there is a slight decline in the economy in this region. They build new houses but I don't see that many new shops and many of those I saw 3-4 years ago have closed in the meanwhile.

I sat down in the Pastelaria and had a cup of coffee; I just love these small strong ones.

The tower on the castle that is towards the city centre
The Portuguese all ways fills a lot of sugar in, but I just like then as they come; small, black and strong. The town was emptier today and it was Friday; people had gone home to change and were probably getting ready to go out and eat tonight.

I decided to go to Porto Covo which was further 15km down the coast from Sines. Porto Covo is the most touristic place except of Troia all the way down to Algarve and that is not even much; it is a place that are loved by surfers and they have some extremely beautiful beaches there, but they are too crowded to my taste. But when that is said it is not much. Compared to anything in Spain or Algarve this is absolutely nothing; it is almost remote.

I went in there and wanted to have a beer at their square but I found it too crowded for my last evening in this wonderful part of Portugal I keep on coming back too. I decided to go back to have my last dinner together with my new friends at the restaurant next to my hotel.

I could have stayed a couple of days more but during the day I decided that I would drive to Santiago de Compostella; a place I always wanted to visit but never had managed to persuade any of my fellow travellers to visit; maybe due to the lack of sun guarantee.

One of my friends had once walked the 829km to Santiago de Compostella in 29 days and besides that, for me it has always been connected to the fall of the Moorish ruling of Spain.

I love these trees
The tower on the castle that is to…
The tower on the castle that is t…
Main street