Arriving late in Toulouse

Toulouse Travel Blog

Inside Café Crystal

I arrived at Toulouse around 11 pm and had activated my hotel search on my GPS. I didn’t want to find something too expensive; I just needed a place to sleep more or less. I drove in to the city centre because in general I am very tired of these French motorway hotels; I general they are very cheap but the quality is also lousy.

I know from experience that arriving late at a hotel is not the best they usually give you a dump room and I guess sometimes that the staff competes in who has given the worst room to the highest price. I found a Best Western Hotel; in general I find that they have an okay level of standard of what you need when you need a good sleep. The hotel was a bit warm down but they had a good parking and the bed seemed okay and it was in the city centre.

The first cold beer of the trip
I wanted to go for a beer to signal that my holiday had started.

The city centre was supposed to be just around the corner but I don’t think that I made it that far. The neighbourhood was not the best; there were homeless people lying in the shade of the street lights under stairs or building constructions. I walked pass the buss station and fell for a bar called the Crystal Bar; they had good music and the ambiance seemed good; even the owner was in a pretty good party mood chasing down some young women and constantly changing the music for something better in order to have the ladies smiling.

I took a cold beer and a local newspaper and in general enjoyed the intrigues that were occurring in front of me. I even decided for a second beer before I went back to my hotel the same way I got there.

Chokk says:
I try to - there are often no direction then which is given
Posted on: Aug 15, 2009
Toulouse Nightlife & Entertainment review
Crystal Bar
I arrived late in Toulouse and had to try a couple of places before I found a hotel. At the hotel I asked if there was a place to get a cold beer; I h… read entire review
Toulouse Hotels & Accommodations review
Best Western Hotel Athenee
This small Best Western Hotel Athenee with only 35 rooms has seen its best days. The room I got was very little, but the bed was ok. When you trave… read entire review
photo by: ikebana