Getting ready for road trip of the year 2009 - 7500km

Brussels Travel Blog

I had been waiting for my trip to the Iberian Peninsula for a long time. I had a lot of small trips prior this year but I had looked forward to start the journey to Portugal for some time. In the beginning it was only my ambition to visit Portugal but the closer I got to the departure date the more ambitious I got.

Little by little my trip grew in distance without anything being really planned. It started when I said to myself that Gibraltar should be one of a couple of via points. I checked on Google maps and found out that it was only 6 hours drive from Sines which would make it more than possible. I started looking into which way I was going to drive to Gibraltar and then decided that Cordoba had to be in the loop too.

Afterwards I started to look at the trip going back to Brussels. It had always been my ambition to visit A Coruna and Santiago de Compostella but nobody wanted tp follow me to this cold windy part of Spain. It has always been my amtion to make something good to see or visit on the way home, just tp make the hometrip nice too.

Just before I left for this trip I decided to drive to Andorra as well. I just love the road up there.

travelman727 says:
Christian, now THIS is what I call a ROAD TRIP :-D
Posted on: Aug 17, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
There are so many pictures here...I feel I am spending my vacation through your eyes! Congratulations on your feature today my friend!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2009