AsiaJapan

Japan Travel Blog

I can't sleep at night,

I toss and turn

I listen to the radio

Yes, these are the things I did last night while trying to get to sleep but with Bali in my mind nothing seemed to work.

I had images flashing into my mind of wave after wave rolling into the beach with surfers riding each set into the shore before turning around and paddling back out. It must of been the scenes to Kuta beach or even Dreamland near Jimbalan.

The sun starts to set , the cliffside temple of Uluwatu is a black, silhouetted building rising above the cliff with the pinkish red sky as its background. I hear noices of Balinese dances slapping their chest and body to the cries of keca, keca, keca. These scenes could only be  the Kecak dance .

rafting

Then another beach scene of people watching sunset, while drinking a nice wine, the people talking, laughing, eating beautiful BBQ fish, scallops, shrimps and lobster, this could of only been one place Jimbalan. Then all of a sudden another beach  this time in the day, sitting on a beach lounge chair baking in the sun, the sea a beautiful blue, the sand white stretching for miles, the resort hotel buildings lined up, people sitting at the pool bars having a beer could this of been NUsa Dua

Then there is no sea and the scene moves to a hilly, little town surrounded by rice paddies, people sitting at cafes, the speed of the town is slow, laid back people seem to have all the time in the world, the streets are filled with galleries, people trying to sell their art, monkeys climb all over the temples begging for food stretching their hands out for a banana.

Nusa Dua Beach
This must be the town of Ubud

Next i hear the running of fast water, moving quickly the water swirling around as the water builds up the rapids soon appear people filling the rafts with oar in hand paddling the mighty telangawaja rivers, then darkness falls, then slowly it starts to get lighter I can make out a group of people sitting, waiting looking up to the sky waiting for the first ray of light to rise above the clouds. This must of been Mount Gunung Agung.

I look at the alarm clock its 3 in the morning and then the images fade away and I  fall into a deep sleep. With 2 more sleeps to go what will my next night entail.

This entry is purely fictitious and was inspired by the great Old School Bill blog before he went to Seville

MiamiMaria says:
Nice writing, I want to jump on a plane right now!!!
Posted on: Aug 30, 2009
Petra2111 says:
And I see that your blog was featured, Congrats again!!
Posted on: Aug 27, 2009
Joekewarmerdam says:
just cant wait to go there
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009