There's a Place ALL OVER THE WORLD... Called Happiness!

Montreal Travel Blog

A Place called Happiness, some say you can find it in Sweden, others say Denmark and still others swear by Norway.  I say different.  I start by asking, where can one find happiness?  Is it found through a job, a spouse, a diploma, a family or is it found in some far off land?

Well for those of us who are passionate about travel, I think we find happiness in those far off lands for so many reasons.  In our pursuit we encounter so many extraordinary scenic views that a camera so often does little justice.   We are taken in by the variety of aromas of spices unknown to our palette that once savored bring the taste buds dancing to life.  There is also the unfamiliarity of languages so foreign yet once spoken give a feeling of ah.  But so much more than all that is obvious, is the way we build bridges and bring down the walls of ignorance drawing on the wisdom of different cultures to open our mind as well as our heart.  It is through travel that we sew a thread around the world connecting us to a whole that penetrates beyond the barriers and false borders created by man through fear and insecurity.

I have found “A Place Called Happiness” throughout my life, in the simple encounters made along the way.  Those are the moments when I transpire beyond language and complex differences to recognize a glimpse of myself in the eyes of a stranger and all those differences come full circle offering an openness of mind and heart.

When my journey is winding to the end of the road, I will draw back on those memories, too many to fully grasp, of the kaleidoscope of places and faces that of aloud me to find that Special Place Called Happiness to find out we are always there, no matter where we are.

Safe travels to all…