Hey Mr Guitar Man, don't play your song for me

Vienna Travel Blog

The Prater Ferris Wheel

For the first night in my hostel I was “upgraded” to a 4 bed dorm but I was in the 10 bed one in the second night. There was so much noise from the traffic outside that I only got about an hours sleep. Decided to make an early start to Vienna and got the 7:!1am train.

Arrived in Vienna at about 10am, dumped off my bag at the hostel and started to explore. I took the U-bahn to the Prater park and saw the famous ferris wheel and the fairground. I has not appreciated how large the park is as it also contains many sports facilities and the Ernst Happel Stadium, scene of many big football and athletics events.

From the Prater park I walked back through the centre of Vienna.

Stephensplatz street entertainers
A nice place and very clean with some expensive shops (and pricey beer). Saw the Opera House and Stephansplatz but after my lack of sleep last night I could not be bothered with any more walking. Sat in the Burggarten and spent a couple of hours snoozing, reading my book and watching the world go by.

Back at the hostel I met one of my room mates (there are three of us, the other is an Aussie girl) and he suggested me and him go out for a beer. I have met so many great and interesting people on this trip but this guy must be the most boring person on the planet with nothing to say for himself only about how hard it is to get a job. I blame myself, the guitar in the room should have set the alarm bells ringing (no offence to any travellers with guitars of course but you do have a stereotypical image). I escaped after one drink on the pretence of buying a tram ticket for the morning and was glad to not find him in the Hostel bar when I got back 30 minutes later. I had a good laugh and some beers with some Americans before heading upstairs.

Went to sleep feeling a bit sorry for this guy. He wanted a friend and whilst I felt a bit bad about dumping him, it is my holiday after all and I want to enjoy it.

Stephensplatz street entertainers
Nice shot from the trees but needs…
Nice shot from the trees but need…
Vienniese Taxi