The Wonderful World of Chu-Hi

Tokyo Travel Blog

Chu-hi, the greatest alcoholic beverage of all time
Ahhh, Japan at last.  The land of sparkling whale-free seas, free drinking water, and singing toilets.

The overnight flight dropped in Japan a day later at 4pm Japanese time.  I found the bus to Yokota Air Force Base, where i spent 4 years as a kid.  The bus was 35 US and took 2 hours, apparently it can take longer depending on traffic.  Today was a holiday so there were fewer cars on the road.

Once at the military base i had to wait for Kim, my friend's pregnant wife, to check me in with the police.  Brett was in Singapore for a month on assignment, which was only supposed to be for a few days.  So i was dubbed terrible timing tom by Brett's aforementioned 9 month pregnant wife.

By chance, Brett arrived 2 hours after i did and he introduced me to the wonderful world of the Chu-Hi.  I dont know how to describe Chu-Hi, because i cannot compare it to anything in the states.  But it comes in many different flavors and strengths.  The lemon or lime seem to be my favorite, and it comes in regular, 5 percent, or strong, 8 percent.  We drank for a few hours.  I knew that i had to stay up as long as possible, otherwise i would wake up at 4am wide awake.
Chu-hi, the greatest alcoholic bev…
Chu-hi, the greatest alcoholic be…
The marathon flight is finally over