AsiaJapanTokyo

Travel Day: Tokyo, Japan to Austin, Texas

Tokyo Travel Blog

Asakusa

My last day in Japan.  The hostel check out was at 10am and my flight was late in the afternoon.  So I walked to the temple in Asakusa that i had been seeing in the distance for 2 weeks.  Leading up to the temple are shops on either side of the walkway selling all sorts of Japanese souvenirs and toys and pretty much everything else you can associate with Japan.  I learned at the temple that this particular one is the oldest in Tokyo.  Not much to it however, but I expect all the temples are this way.

I went back to the hostel and hung out in the common area for a few hours.  Sven had told me about another curry place, so i was keen to try it.

blurry image of inside the temple
  It is right next to the Baskin Robbins in Asakusa, near the subway entrance.  I am not sure about the name, because it was only written in Japanese.  250 yen gets you a plate of curry with mystery meat (i think it was small pieces of pork) in red sauce (not brown like Coco Curry) with rice and miso soup.  Much food for little money.  I left very satisfied.  The flavor was enjoyable, but there was very little meat.  I definitely would put Coco Curry above this place, but it is a very good cheaper alternative.

I left for the airport by train at 1:45 and arrived at 3:15.  A note if you are taking the train: there is also a town called Narita, just like the airport, dont get off there.  The plane will not pick you up there.  The price was only 1070 yen, by far the cheapest way to get to the airport.  Luckily i did not check bags, because the line to do so was impossible.  People from my hostel left several hours ahead of me, and i made it through security at the same time as them.

Well that concludes my trip, i hope you were able to get some knowledge out of these ramblings.

interesting