Mission Beach

San Diego Travel Blog

Today I went kayaking. Just one of the things I've wanted to try. I played in the water some just trying to get a feel for it. Once I did, I set out to explore. Some little island was close by. I've forgotten the name of it. From what I could tell if was only accessible by boat. There was a restaurant there but I didnt partake. I turned around and just marvelled at all the people out playing in and on the water. Not that I didnt expect to see it. I liked seeing the smiles on everyones face in their different types of water craft. The air was filled with laughter. Birds flying around overheard. They almost appeared to be playing as well. Bright sun shiny 80 degree day. It was all just a nice sight for me.

I set off again and made it over to seaworld.

how do you drive this thing?
Kinda freaked me out because I wasn't sure what kind of enclosures they had. Anyway, I made it there and back without incident.

I wanted to comment on how much upperbody strength it takes to kayak. I'm not completely sure if its just that much harder than it looks OR i'm just that much out of shape. I'd be stroking and stroking and seemed like I was barely moving. My technique probably sucked which added to the situation. Right when I was ready to call it quits, the current shifted in my favor. Other than to steer I'd barely have to paddle. Then "kayaking" was fun again :-)  Basicly kayaking is cool. If you run into lots of areas where you have to go against the current, It sucks.

After kayaking, I met up on the boardwalk with my sister and neice. We rode the rollercoatser and then I looked for more souvenirs. Lots of people were on the beach. Due to the vast amount of scantily clad very beach bodied women I felt weird taking crowd pictures. Didnt want to seem like a perv. I snapped a few when I walked enough and noticed it wasnt as crowded.

Tons of homes were right there ON the beach. Alot had signs indicating they were vacation rentals. I thought man next time this'll be the place to stay.

nicolecarp says:
One of my favorite places in San Diego is Mission Beach and every time I visit I make sure to stop there. My Mom lives in San Diego so it's a good excuse. Glad you wrote about kayaking though, I will be doing the same thing in La Jolla in a couple weeks. Maybe even a snorkel/kayak deal..
Posted on: Aug 04, 2009