Brief visit to Heidelberg

Heidelberg Travel Blog

Led by the voice of the GPS, we parked in the appointed place and walked along the Hauptstraße in Heidelberg. What a nice town! The only reason we visited it was because we’d heard during our 1992 trip that there was a jeweler named Welsch who supposedly looked like me. Karl had found his address, 2A Theatrestraße. We found the address easily but learned that Herr Welsch would be out until 3:00, 2 hours later. We hadn’t had lunch so we did that and walked around a bit before returning. While Herr Welsch wasn’t exactly rude he was something far less than enthusiastic to meet us so, after waiting so long and coming so far to meet him, we left after but a few minutes. One of life’s little disappointments, I suppose. We were tempted to visit the schloß overlooking the city but were both dead tired so we skipped it and left town heading eastward rather than directly westward towards the Autobahn. My plan was to drive back on the opposite side of the river Neckar for a better look at town but we had to go quite a way out of our way to do it, getting tangled up in a tiny town along the way.

photo by: findmeabeach