Back to reality

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

The trip to the airport took about 1:45. Karl had made a reservation for us at the Hotel Esprix right at the gate to the Frankfurt am Main US air station. We found it without problem, checked in and then went for gas and to wash the car. Found the gas but the car wash was out of service so we were able only to vacuum the inside. Damn.

Back at the hotel, we started the re-packing for the trip back, then went down to the JU52 pub for a hamburger for Lin and a pizza for me. The trouble with this place is that it’s full of Americans and all the staff speaks English! I love America and Americans but in Europe I want to be surrounded by Europeans! Definitely feels like vacation is over. We went back up and waited for Karl to arrive to pick up his car. While I’d argued with him that I could easily drive to Düsseldorf to pick him up, Karl insisted on taking the train to Frankfurt, then a taxi to the hotel. He arrived on schedule at 8:20 and the three of us went to the J-52 for a drink and to talk. Eventually, we said farewell to Karl, he left and we went up to finish packing and hit the rack.