The so dreaded preparations

Landsmeer Travel Blog

The plan is: To have a short trip or vacation with the family: Husband, the daughthers and me.

And it was up to me to come up with an idea for it, so I suggested Emsland, Germany. Wanted to go there since 2004, but husband usually was reserved with "ehh... you know, it is across the border, out of the country, abroad!.... can't we stay in our own country?" But this time I said I wanted Germany, and not the Netherlands.
The idea came up about 10 days ago, and searching the internet for accomodation in high season is not that easy on such a short notice. But I managed to find a nice holiday ex-farmhouse just 15 km across the border from Groningen which was still available.

At first we were to leave on Monday, but the house owner said it was easier on Sunday, so she could hand us the key herself, instead of pointing out all kind of instructions on the phone, where I don't speak German very well, and she doesn't speak Dutch. Thank goodness there is English.

So, Sunday we would leave, that made Saturday the day of packing the bags.
I have to admit it: I hate packing. Okay, it is easy, just grab some clothes, a toothbrush and your wallet, and you're ready to go.
But it seems me always have to think of what the other familymembers have to take as well....

Because we want to leave early, it would be wise to pack everything the evening before. So all the packs and bags were ready to go into the trunk of the car, the alarm clock was set, and we only had to take a nights sleep before we could set off.
KeikoCreative says:
Congrats on your featured! :)
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
aloneinthecrowd says:
Congrats on your featured blog, Tineke :) It's nice to see a blog from my area getting featured because it's not well known by tourists :)
Landsmeer