Stay in Bangkok for Few days.

Bangkok Travel Blog

First time in years that i have not been traveling with my Family. Done. One month earlier we decided to go to Thailand all together my parents , my little bother and I. Arriving at the airport we took a taxi to go to the Khaosan Road to get to our hotel.  Really touristic area, we hang around and went to a restaurant, not far from those places were you can get a lot of girls just looking at then. Easy place for you know what.

My first impressions with Bangkok were that is was really polluted, some time suffocating, heavy traffic, a loads of people everywhere, I know you are going to say it is Asia, but I had travel in other country in Asia and Bangkok is a very "heavy place". I was shocked to see people laying dawn the floor in the middle of the street begging for money, these persones were like burned or mutilated ect.
I heard few days later talking with a Thai that these poeple were brought to the streets every morning to beg.

The next day, we went with my parents to do some shopping, (oh I forgot to say that my parents are in the import business). First place we went to Sukhumvit, were you can find buildings full of electronics, cloth, and again electronics. My parents were there to buy cloth (ethnic style) to one of the factory representative called Osmoya.
Then we went with my brother to the elctronic part to get video game for it PSP. Place were you can find a lot of copy, video games, movies shoftware , laptop, mp3 and many more. At the top of this building you can find a great food court , a lot of nice food from all over asia, and the best mixed fruit baverages in all Bangkok.

Later that day we went back to the Khaosan to buy some jewelry, a lot of wholesaler are there, you can find goods like piercings, bracelet, shoes, get ready for business!!!!

The following day we went around town. visiting some monument, for which i wont do the list cause it is to long (and everybody knows about them).
High light from the day was this boat trip on the Mekon river, we took a boat puched by those huge engin thru the mekong. From there you can see all these houses on the river. You can also see kids swimming in the dirty water with rats trash and others that you can even discribe.It was great to see that, it reminds me of 007 movies when James Bond do a race on a boad over the mekong in bangkok.  ( a must do, don't forget to negotiat the price as some time they try to be pricy cause you are not a thai).

269 km (167 miles) traveled