Africa! But first Taiwan.

Masan Travel Blog

I've booked my overland African safari for next summer. A nice summer sale coupled with a favorable USD-GBP exchange rate prompted me to act now and book a trip for next June. Still a long, long ways away, but I'm super excited.

I'm doing the 58 day overland trip with Absolute Africa, starting in Nairobi, Kenya and finishing in Capetown, South Africa. In between I'll go through Tanzania (and take a ferry to Zanzibar!), Malawi, Zambia, a day trip or two into Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls, Botswana, Namibia, and finally into South Africa.

Some of the game parks I'll be going to include:

The Masai Mara, Lake Naivasha, and Hells Gate National Park in Kenya,

the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti in Tanzania,

the Mikumi and South Luangwa Parks in Malawi,

Chobe National Park and the Okavango Delta in Botswana,

and the Etosha and Namib Naukluft National Parks in Namibia.

And if that weren't enough, this trip packs enough action/adventure activities to satisfy any adrenaline junkie.

I'm planning on cycling through Hell's Gate Park in Kenya, scuba diving in Zanzibar, going white water rafting on the Zambezi (class IV and V rapids) in Zambia, doing the highest commercial bungee jump in the world in Zimbabwe, and sky diving in Namibia. It all sounds well and good now, but I'll have to see if I have the stomach to pull it off on the day.

So, that's one part of my 2010 adventure. Have to wait a bit before the other parts fall into place. It's promising to be one heckuva year, though.

In the meantime, I'm heading to Taiwan next week for a bit of r & r with Jiyoung. We don't have too many plans but do want to hit up the tallest (completed) building in the world, Taipei 101, and check out some beaches and Taroko Gorge near Hualein. After that, we've got our first Hapkido competition at the end of August. So, enough to keep things busy. Until then!