A quick stop to catch the bus and have lunch :)

Nanegalito Travel Blog

the bus stop, hehe
We arrived to Nanegalito at 12:30pm. We didn't know anything about this town, except of what our kind driver told us: "there you can catch a bus to Quito, quicker and cheap!" Nanegalito was a small town and the driver left us where the buses stop. Of course, there wasn't any terminal. It was just a bus stop, hahaha.

Ok, before catching the bus, it'd be a good idea to have lunch here. It was already noon and we would be really busy in Quito, so better save time doing it now. There were restaurants in front of the bus stop, so we wouldn't waste time looking for a place to eat, sweet! Most of the food was local and related to pork and other fried stuff, ughhhh. Ok, no dramas!

We found a place that was good according Jerry's health standards, hahaha. Well, you can't ask for much cleanliness here... Jerry got some fritada - the fried pork with toasted corn and yuca, while I ordered an empanada de verde (plantain pastry stuffed with cheese). I also got a fruit salad and Jerry a yuca empanada, hahaha. I didn't want to drink anything, just in case I'd like to go to the restrooms while we were driving to Quito!

We just crossed the street, raised our hand and a bus stopped. Oh, oh! the bus was full, no available seats, but it wasn't packed, so it wasn't that bad, furthermore, we wanted to arrive as soon as possible to Quito. A while later we got some seats. Ride was ok, we achieved our goal, to arrive early to Quito :)
arriving to Nanegalito
arriving to Nanegalito
corn and fritada (pork)
corn and fritada (pork)
my empanada de verde - plantain pa…
my empanada de verde - plantain p…
healthy fruit salad
healthy fruit salad
Nanegalito Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Traditional food at El Sabroson
Nanegalito is a small town. We stopped here in our way to Quito, since there we'd take our bus to the city. There are several restaurants located c… read entire review
Nanegalito