Tue 14th - Back to the city just to switch hostels and... a meeting Fernando :)

Quito Travel Blog

nice graffitis
The drive took long and we were lazy, hehehe. Finally we arrived to Quito around 5pm. I just had one plan for the day and was: "switching hostels". Don't get me wrong this hostel was amazing, great vibe and I met cool people there, but I wanted to stay also in the new part of Quito "La Mariscal". The bus left us at the market "Santa Clara" and from there we walked back to the hostel. It wasn't that close, but we were having fun and chatting, so it was a good walk. It was nice being able to see this part of the city.

I had already made the check out in the morning. So, it was only about picking my stuff and get a cab to move to the other part of town. I said goodbye to my  roomies: Kerry and Anthony.
busy Plaza Foch - this square was always a party one :)
Then Anthony asked me for a favor. Tomorrow he'd become homeless!!! He needed a place to stay, so I agreed I would asked at my new hostel and would let him know if he could move there too. He helped me with my big bag and I left.

"La Mariscal" is definitely different. "Old town" is charming and classic, but "La Mariscal" is modern and reminded me a bit of Miraflores (Lima) and Palermo Soho (Buenos Aires), hehehe. I arrived to the hostel and the guy told me my bed was waiting for me, yay! The dorm was big for 9 people, but at the moment there was just 1 guy there, hehehe. I read the name of him: "Pepe"; he might be latinamerican is what I thought. Then I asked about availability for Anthony and they had space for next night, how great! I started to unpack and organize my stuff. I'd stay there for 2 nights.
Fernando arrived!

I sent a message to Fernando, the TB I met in Guayaquil, and let him know I was now in Quito, staying where he suggested me. He was still working but would come for me later, so we could go for a drink, nice! Hostel was nice, went for a short walk and took a quick shower. It was 9 something when Fernando arrived. OMG! This guy was always surprising me. First time wearing a suit and tie and this time driving a nice truck, hahaha. Couldn't have asked for better service... oh well, now I have to start thinking what I'd do when he visits Lima, mmm.

He liked this area and knew the right places to go, how cool! We went to nice and colorful bar. We'd have beer, how big? Well it depended how thirsty we were, hahaha.
Yadi & Fernando
We started to chat and I was telling him about my impressions of Ecuador so far. His tips were helpful and I told him I'd go to the "Teleferico" next morning. As everywhere in the world there are different fees, for locals and for foreigners. I might look like a local, but the accent was difficult to hide. So we spent a lot of time practicing my line for next day: "un billete por favor" (a ticket, please) until I could say it with Ecuadorian accent, yay! Just hope they wouldn't ask me for an ID, hahaha.

We didn't stay until too late. Fernando had to work next morning and I had a long day. I had a lot of fun with him. I was hopping I'd be able to meet him again before leaving Quito. He was so kind and helpful. He drove me back to the hostel (this area is fun, but it's not very wise to walk by yourself when it's getting dark) and we said good-bye. When I went into my room, I noticed somebody was sleeping, so I didn't want to turn on the light, but I almost fell down, so I turned it on.

Then I saw him, the famous Peppe!!! He looked European, but spoke a perfect Spanish! "Sorry, sorry!" He just said: "Don't worry. Take your time". He was so polite, but I wouldn't take advantage of it. So I turned the light off as soon as possible. Tomorrow I'd be able to talk a bit more with him. It didn't even take 5 min before I fell asleep ;)
nice graffitis
busy Plaza Foch - this square was …
busy Plaza Foch - this square was…
girls school
girls school
up and down streets
up and down streets
1l beer was enough, hahaha
1l beer was enough, hahaha
Quito Hostels review
Nice and well located Hostal Backpacker's Inn
When I was going to Quito, friends suggested me to stay in La Mariscal - the party area of Quito. A local friend suggested me this hostel, since he wo… read entire review
Quito Nightlife & Entertainment review
Pop Art at Warhol-ic
I was in Quito and met a local friend who decided to go to this bar when we met at Mariscal. It's impossible not to see this bright colorful bar / … read entire review
Quito