Thu 9th - finally Quito!!!

Quito Travel Blog

arriving to Quito
OMG! I was so excited when I read a sign saying: "Quito". Yes, finally!!! How long could it take to arrive to the guys' hostel? Well, by that time I didn't know Quito was that big and that Shawn hasn't driven much around the city. He doesn't like the traffic here, so he almost never drives in the city. Oh no! Well, if we have a map, it wouldn't be that bad, but we didn't have a map of Quito, just one of the country, hahaha.

Ok, no panic. I called Fernando, the TB I met in Guayaquil, and he gave us some directions, so we could go into the city, yay! When we arrived to Quito, it was 5 and by the time we left the guys it was passed 6, hahaha. Before leaving them, we agreed we'd meet next day in Cotacachi.
warm jacket and shorts, haha
They didn't know much about what to do in the area and I told them we'd go to Otavalo for the big Saturday market and they wanted to join us, so this wasn't a good bye, just a see you tomorrow! hahaha.

Now the question was: should we have dinner here or wait until Cotacachi? mmm, it might take long until we arrive there, so better grab a bite here. No need to say that in our way going out of the city we got lost again, hahaha. Well, Shawn was showing me the surroundings and it wasn't a waste of time at all since I found something I really like: "Shawarmas!" hahaha. He hasn't tried them in Ecuador. So, there we go!

The owner might have thought I was crazy, not only because I was taking pics of his small restaurant, but also because it was cold and I was wearing a warm jacket but shorts, hahaha. He was really friendly and we started to talk about Quito, Lima and also how his business was doing. Mmm, he also mentioned that the area we were at that time wasn't that safe... The shawarmas were very tasty but small, so we got a 2nd one, but to share, hehe. Finally we left the place around 7:20pm and with his directions we found our way to the highway and after that we were in our way to Cotacachi.  It wouldn't take much longer, we were taking the Panamericana highway!
geerbox says:
We were never "lost". I was trying to show you as much as Quito as possible :P
Posted on: Aug 07, 2009
toll 1
toll 1
toll 2
toll 2
Quito Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
So tasty shawarmas at "Nefis Leziz Shawarma"
I love Shawarmas and while we were driving around Quito - sort of lost - we found this small place. So bad, I don't know where it's located, since I'd… read entire review
Quito