Mon 6th - just a quick stop to take the ferry and get closer to Canoa

Bahia de Caraquez Travel Blog

our destination
Finally we arrived to Bahia de Caraquez. This wasn't as big as Manta, but was a big town too. After Crucita and Charapoto is was nice to see tall buildings, hehehe. I don't know what you can see and do in Bahia, we were there just to take the ferry that would take us to the other side of the river and closer to Canoa.

Lisa was told that the ferry was always crowded and we should be patient. But when we arrived we didn't see many people. I asked a cop, if there was a line and he just pointed straight, we started driving that way, but didn't see any line. We had to make a u-turn and finally where back at the beginning, hahaha. The cop wanted to stop us when we were driving away but couldn't and decided to wait until we came back, and so we did.
Shawn doing the line

Then I saw one of the funniest things. Usually when you are doing a line you will stand behind the last person, but in this case you will stand in front of the last person, what? hahaha. Since the ferry wasn't there, we thought we had some free time. There was a handicraft market next to the ferry station, so I went to take a look for a magnet, but no luck... William went to buy some fuel for us aka beer, hahaha.

Suddenly I saw the line moving. I couldn't believe it! In order to move forward, you have to drive backwards, hahaha, how odd! Then I understood why. So the cars would be able to go in reverse and when they arrive to the other side of the river would be able to leave quick, hehehe. Shawn understood that late too, hehehe.

Nevermind, we took the ferry and stood outside the car. We didn't want to spend more time sitting than the necessary, hehehe. The view from the city and the buildings was nice, specially while we were getting further away and you could see the whole bay. William brought the beers and the 4 new friends toasted for the adventures to come, yay!!!!

By the way, this was my 1st Club (another beer) in Ecuador, yay!!!
getting closer to Bahia
my 1st club!
my 1st club!
the dock
the dock
nice view of the city from the fer…
nice view of the city from the fe…
at the bay
view from the ferry
view from the ferry
Bahia de Caraquez General Tips & Advice review
Going from Bahia de Caraquez to San Vicente - crossing the Chone River
If you are following the "Ruta del Sol" along the Ecuadorian coast, you will notice that the highway goes interrupted by the Chone River. Once you… read entire review
Bahia de Caraquez