Met Anthony and Kerry in Baños!!!

Banos Travel Blog

when did Minigunther go to a disco?
We were aware the bus drive to Banos wouldn't be that short. That's why we wanted to leave Quito as soon as possible. Bus drive was ok. When it got dark, they turned on the lights and it was so fun. Inside the bus it looked like a disco with psychodelic lights, lol.

Finally we arrived to Banos at 9pm. The only direction we had for the hotel was: "take a cab." hahaha. Station was just a few blocks away, but walking in a new town, in the middle of the night, carrying a big backpack... better taxi! While we were driving, my cell phone had no signal. When we arrived I saw a voice mail and missed calls. Mmm, I didn't recognize the number and didn't know how to listen to a voice mail! hahaha.
beautiful basilica at night
Furthermore, my cellphone was about dying. First thing I'd do when we arrived to the hotel, would be charge it ;)

Hotel was very nice. I liked it a lot. Our room had a second floor and that would be mine and Minigunther's ;) We were starving, so better go to get dinner before anything. I took my list of recommended restaurants and we started to walk. It was getting a bit rainy... oh oh, well we were in the rain forest :) I had the address of the restaurant - a middle eastern one - but we needed to ask someone at the street to give us some directions, hehehe. While we were walking I got another phone call from that number and it was: Anthony!!!! He was with Kerry and a local friend in town! That was amazing! We agreed to meet after dinner. Now I had his friend's number and would be able to contact them.
cozy fire!

Finally we arrived to the restaurant "Casa Hood". OMG! This place was awesome. It was a bit cool outside, but inside it was so warm. The decoration was so cool and cozy. It was sort of hindi / middle eastern / vegetarian. The place for me!!! We arrived just on time, kitchen was closing at 10, so we barely had time to order our meal. We got a tabbouleh to share and then falafel for me and chicken for Jerry. Food was delicious, walking in the middle of the night was so worth it. We even talked to the owner, who was an American who moved there some years ago, hahaha. He was talking to all the customers, making sure everyone was happy :)

After the long drive Jerry was tired and wasn't sure about meeting Anthony and Kerry, but I convinced him. "Jerry, just for a couple of minutes..." Julio, Anthony's local friend, gave me the name of the club and finally we arrived.
Anthony and Jerry
The place was very nice. What I liked the most was the fire they had at the back, so cozy!!! But the best of everything was meeting Anthony and Kerry!!! Yay!!! we were reunited and next morning Cynthia would arrived, how awesome!!!

We had a drink and chatted for a while. Kerry was telling me about what they have been doing in Quito and Anthony just let me know that he and Cynthia would go to Peru for sure, how great! We were having a fun time, but it was better for us to leave. Jerry and me were tired and we needed all the possible energies for the fun day we'd have next day. Instead of hanging out just the 2 of us, the gang would be much bigger: Jerry, Anthony, Kerry, our local friends: Julio & Santiago and of course me :)
my ticket to Banos
my ticket to Banos
psychodhelic bus
psychodhelic bus
the restaurant
the restaurant
my falafel
my falafel
the gang: Yadi, Kerry, Julio & Ant…
the gang: Yadi, Kerry, Julio & An…
Banos Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The greatest cafe with delicious food and cool atmosphere - Casa Hood
"El Cafe mas chevere en Banos" The greatest cafe in Banos. I read about this cafe while I was doing my research in Lima and wanted to go there. The wh… read entire review
Banos Hostels review
Best accommodation in Banos - Hotel Volcano
Back in Lima, I was planing my trip to Ecuador. Then I mentioned Jerry that I was thinking about going to Banos and he wanted to join me, since he has… read entire review
Banos Nightlife & Entertainment review
A cool bar with bonfire - Leprechaun Bar
This fun bar is located in the heart of the city. It's a 2 floors building. The first floor is about the bar and a small dance floor, the 2nd floor is… read entire review
Banos General Tips & Advice review
How to go to Banos from Quito
There are buses that go direct from Quito to Banos, since Banos is in the south, you should take the bus at the new Terminal - Quitumbe. The drive … read entire review
Banos