Going to the airport... no, I'm not leaving, we'd pick up Frank :)

Quito Travel Blog

this would be my future "home"
We had to drive to Quito. No, I wasn't leaving, Shawn's partner was coming from the States and we'd pick him up. Since we were going to Quito and Lisa & William had to go back to the city to their new hostel, we drove them. This time Lisa had a map of the city, sweet! She even gave Shawn one as a present, hahaha. After a small tour around the city, we found the hostel. This was located in the "Old Town". It looked charming. I really wanted to know this place, since I've already booked it for Monday. I didn't know the guys would stay there, hahaha, what a coincidence!

By the time we arrived to the hostel and the guys were already settled, it was 9:30pm. The hostel was located near the "Parque Itchimbia" and from there you can have an awesome view of the city.
Quito at night
I had already read about this. So, we decided to go to a nice cafe on top of the hill to get dinner and enjoy the night view. In order not to loose time finding parking and / or our way to go, we left the car in front of the hostel. Oh, oh! That was a bad idea. There were too many stairs! And the altitude didn't help much climbing, hahaha. By the time we arrive to the cafe it was 10pm, hahaha. And we were almost breathless.

When we arrived I recognized the place, well I haven't been there, but the name was part of the recommendations I had for the city, hahaha. Not because of the food, but because of the view. And yes, the view was amazing. You can see all the Old Town, the night view was breathtaking. The lights of the churches and the Basel looked so lovely! The cafe was nice, great atmosphere, so bad that the service was so bad.
The Basilica - Basel
We got a nice table at the balcony, but it took for ever until we got our drinks and it was just water and soda!!!

Shawn was getting nervous, we wouldn't be able to arrive to the airport on time and Frank doesn't speak Spanish. Better, leave now. So I asked the waiter for our food. He said it was ready, so I told him to make it "to go". He delivered our food and was unpolite. Lisa and William stayed here. We left some money and took a fork hahaha.

Going down the hill was faster, arrived to the car and hoped we'd arrive to the airport on time. Again, no signs saying how to go to the airport or which avenue we were driving, pfffff. Anonther small city tour and finally we saw a sign, a tiny one with an airplane, can't they do bigger signs??? Nevermind, Shawn was nervous and I was eating, hehehe.
"I love you Andrea" - how sweet! Hope Andrea liked it, hahaha. I'm sure she did!
Have to be honest the portobello salad was so tasty... yummy!!!! So bad, I couldn't take any pics... Finally when we parked, Shawn ate his sandwich.

We arrived on time, 5min later we saw Frank. Hey! This wasn't his first time in the country, but was the 1st time Shawn was picking him from the airport. Ok, better start moving, so we wouldn't arrive too late to Cotacachi. While Shawn was driving and talking to Frank, I was taking a nap :P

It was 2am when we arrived back to Cotacachi. I went straight to bed. Next morning we'd visit the chicken farm and the surroundings :)
yadilitta says:
yes, we succeeded! oh no! that was a nice fork...
Posted on: Aug 09, 2009
geerbox says:
The food was good even though we had to eat in the car, and we didn't miss miss Frank :) good thing the line for customs was really long. I forgot the fork in the rental car....
Posted on: Aug 09, 2009
this would be my future home
this would be my future "home"
The Basilica - Basel
I love you Andrea - how sweet! H…
"I love you Andrea" - how sweet! …
like this night view
like this night view
Quitos airport
Quito's airport
Quito Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Amazing view, but not very good service - Cafe Mosaico
We went to this place mainly because of it's great view. This cafe is located in Itchimbia and has an amazing view of the Old Town. Just don't do the … read entire review
Quito