1st time in Guayaquil will be just for a couple of hours, but fun ones :)

Guayaquil Travel Blog

arriving to Ecuador
As scheduled we arrived at 12:40pm. Flight was nice and the service was great - as usual with LAN. Besides the immigration and customs forms, I had to fill one for the Health Ministery due to the Swine Flue. Of course, I'd say: "I'm sick!" hahaha. They also took a photo of all the people clearing customs. They did it with a thermic camera, which according to them detects who's sick, mmm.

Not even 30min after the landing, I was ready to go. Oh! I was forgetting to say that when I posted I was going to Ecuador, Fernando a TB who lives in Quito, contacted me. We'd meet in Quito, that was the original plan, but last night I was online and met him. What a coincidence! He'd be in Guayaquil just for that day, hahaha.
started the landing
So I went to Guayaquil already with plans for meeting a TB, although I'd be there just for a couple of hours, hahaha. Anyway, back to the story. Once I was ready to leave the airport I called Fernando and he was about leaving for lunch after a business meeting, so we could meet for lunch, yay! He told me to take a cab and go to the "Mall del Sol". He also told me I shouldn't pay more than US$2, hahaha. After letting go a taxi that wanted to charge double, I found one for US$2, The driver was nice and we were chatting, but I think Peruvians are kinder :P

The mall was really close and look a lot like one we have in Lima. I went to the Food Court and about 10 min later... OMG! I saw a guy wearing suit and tie and carrying a laptop approaching to me. The guy was Fernando. I know this was his 1st TB Meeting, but he shouldn't have dressed so formal, hahaha.
with Fernando :)
Seriously, how sweet of him to meet me despite his busy schedule...

Well, my 1st lunch in Ecuador wasn't that traditional, I got a salad. Nevermind it was tasty and fresh. Wow, Fernando is as proud of his country as I'm of mine, hehe. We started to chat about TB, business, our lives, etc. Further details about our meeting can be found on my Meeting TB blog, hahaha. http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/42428/Just-a-quick-stop-but-found-time-to-meet-a-TB-TB-Addict-doesnt-waste-time-hehehe-Guayaquil-88?isUpdate=true

Ok, it was getting late, but I was sure this wouldn't be the last time I'd meet Fernando. Furthermore, he HAS TO visit Lima. Took a cab to the bus terminal in order to go to MontaƱita. I did my research and knew which bus to take. Despite Fernando's advices of being extra careful with my stuff, I couldn't help it to take pictures, hahaha.
the big backpack resting hahaha

I found CLP counter, the bus that goes straight to MontaƱita. It was easy to recognize it, it was the one with a line of backpackers and I was one of them, :) There were 4 guys buying their tickets and I asked the one next to me how much it costs. It was just US$5,50. I got my ticket and went to my gate, which was in the 3rd level. Finally I found it, but it was too early and bus wasn't still there... Oh well, I sat on my backpack when I saw 4 familiar faces approaching. They were the 4 guys I met downstairs. The one I talked to approached and we started to chat. He told me they just came from Mancora, north of Peru, how nice! Then I told him I'm Peruvian, hahaha. He told me he was German and I asked him where in Germany. He said the name of the city in English and I repeated it in German.
full bus terminal
When I did it, his eyes got wide open, hahaha. He asked me if I speak German and I just said: "Ja, doch!" He started to lalugh, next thing he went to his friends and came with one of them.

Jens just said to me: "Speak in different languages, please." And so I did. His friend's eyes were wide open too. They both found it so cool to meet a Peruvian girl who speaks German in Guayaquil, hahaha. According to them I speak very good German, super! hahaha. The other 2 guys were from England and New Zealand, so we spoke in English. About 30min later, the bus arrived. Bus wasn't full and it was really comfortable. Nobody was next to me, so I had 2 seats for me, sweet! Well, the 3 hours just started.
judythompsonrtw says:
I wonder if taxis from the airport to Mall de Sol are still $2 USD??
Posted on: Apr 12, 2013
mellemel8 says:
love it :)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2009
yadilitta says:
yes, the beginning of the adventure
Posted on: Jul 30, 2009
entrance to Guayaquils airport
entrance to Guayaquil's airport
Mall Del Sol
Mall Del Sol
where I had my 1st lunch in Ecuado…
where I had my 1st lunch in Ecuad…
Guayaquil General Tips & Advice review
Modern and well organized Guayaquil Bus Terminal
Guayaquil's bus terminal is well organized and modern. But as in every terminal, you have to be careful with your belongings and don't leave them alon… read entire review
Guayaquil General Tips & Advice review
Nice and modern aiport in Ecuador - Guayaquil airport
When I was planning my trip to Ecuador, I noticed that it was cheaper to flight to Guayaquil instead to Quito. Not only the tickets were cheaper, but … read entire review
Guayaquil