Balloon in the sky

Cairns Travel Blog

Early in the morning, I took the travel tour bus to have a hot air balloon tour. It's the first time I do this, which made me feel excited. But the drawback is: I had to get up very early at about 3:30AM. So I doze off on the bus until we arrived at the destination.
There were two groups for the balloon riding. I was in the second group. Everybody had to climb into the big basket which could take about 24 people plus 2 pilot. After we took off, everything on the group became smaller and smaller. Breathing fresh air, I wish I were a bird flying freely in the sky. Actually it was not as scary as I expected, because I had a few times sky diving before, which was more thrilling than balloon riding.
After 30 minutes in the sky, we landed on the ground safely. No, we were not free to leave until we collected the balloon - it's a exercise for teamwork. The pilot was very nice, explained how he became a hot air balloon pilot. Only few people got certificate as professional balloon pilot in Australia.
Leaving the balloon place, we headed for a quiet farm and had a nice breakfast with champagne there. Then the bus took me to the hotel at about 10AM.
photo by: Katie_Kate