Getting Our Money's Worth

London Travel Blog

Beefeater Posing With Tourists
It is 10:24 PM here in London and I am about 15 minutes  away from bed time. For me, this is late. But it's been that kind of day - very full. From the time we got on the bus at 8:30 am this morning until just a few minutes ago, we have been in motion and not wanting to stop. Here's a summary, with more details and a few photos to follow tomorrow. Before the summary, I should remind you that my wireless connection is a bit of a fluke and it could end whenever whoever decides to turn off their wireless box. (I'm tired enough that I can't think of the name for this!) What this means is that if you stop seeing posts, it doesn't mean that we have disappeared; instead, it means that I'm not willing to pay the $10 for the 15 minutes of internet time. I hope you understand.

Anyway, here's what we did:
  • A bus tour of the city including a stop at St. Paul's Cathedral
  • A visit to the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace
  • Lunch at a funky London restaurant (with ice cream included!)
After lunch, we had the rest of the day free. Here's what Watertown did:
  • Visited the Tower of London
  • Took a ride in the London Eye (A huge, high tech ferris wheel type thing)
  • At dinner at a fairly quiet Italian restaurant (the girls thought the waiter was "cute."
  • Came home
That may not sound like much but we were on our feet more or less for 12 hours. More tomorrow?

NOTE: If you want to see photos in a more user friendly manner, go to Europe 2007 Photo Alubm
Changing of the Guard