Trujillo to Mancora

Trujillo Travel Blog

Huanchaco church portal
 Not much to report on my last day in Trujillo.  I didn’t have the energy or the will to do more sightseeing so I just read and worked on my blog and went into town to buy a ticket for my overnight bus to Mancora in the north.  My original plan was to go to Chiclayo, just 3 hours north, in the morning and see the new archeological dig on the Sipan culture and the new museum there, but I just couldn’t summon up the energy to do it and so I just wasted the day away waiting to leave.  Being Peru, I couldn’t buy my bus ticket online or by phone and even just getting information over the phone was like pulling teeth, so I made the trek into town to get the ticket and then all the way back.
Christ in Huanchaco church
  You have to have a lot of patience in Peru, and Latin America in general I think.  Nothing moves fast or makes much sense here.  Nothing and no one is ever on time.  Things that you would think are standard procedure are never that way in Peru and if you try to figure out the logic behind it, or try to fix it, you will just go crazy.  That’s how it is and if you don’t like it enough than you are better going back home.

So things went off fine.  I got to the station in plenty of time, especially since the bus left 45 minutes late…normal time.  I had purchased a “semi-cama” which is a half-bed, or big comfortable reclining bus seat, for the 9 hour overnight trip and the chair was comfortable enough that I did sleep for most of the way.

rljohio says:
Hi! Thanks for posting your blog. As a Trujillo native, I would have to agree that things are not as comfortable or predictable in this part of the world but are getting better. And not being able to buy bus tickets online in Trujillo is not totally true. Transportes Linea has a very neat website, it might not cover the Trujillo-Tumbes route but serves most of the north. I always buy my tickets online with them (www.transporteslinea.com.pe). I have to say that having luxury buses in Peru is a very nice thing, they might not be as fast as a flight but they are more comfortable and cheap than sitting on a tiny airplane coach seat. There are no nice bus services in the US...I live there, I know. I always use the bus whenever I can...no hassle, no arriving two hours before the flight...anyway...nice pictures of my hometown by the way.
Posted on: Nov 27, 2008
2nd oldest church in Peru
2nd oldest church in Peru
View to Huanchaco north
View to Huanchaco north
View to Huanchaco south
View to Huanchaco south
Reed boats called Cabellitos de t…
Reed boats called "Cabellitos de …
The pier