Lima - 2nd Week, Saturday

Lima Travel Blog

Sandra's mom & Flavia
On Saturday night I went to Sandra's to visit and maybe go dancing after, depending if she had recovered from her cold.  She had been working long and late hours on a big design project for Montalvo Salon & Spa.  She was doing all the logos, graphics, and publicity for a big event the coming Tuesday, which was to be a fashion and hair show promoting the Montalvo group.  I visited with Sandra's mom and her daughter Flavia who was a delight, while Sandra got ready.  Before we left, Flavi got very jealous and said I couldn't go out with Sandra and that anyone else could but not me.  Then she started to cry and didn't want to stay home and go to bed.  It was heart-breaking but mom took a firm hand and told her that she had to go to bed and be good.
Sandra's mom & Flavi
  She's really a good girl, but lately had been missing her mom because of the long hours of work.  In the end we went back to Il Bolivariano restaurant and I had some chicharon de cerdo, which is deep fried cubes of pork.  It was a very heavy dish for that late at night.  Sandra had the..guess..anticucho de corazon de res, the beef hearts.  I ended up helping her eat the rest of hers since the deep fried pork cubes were just too much.  We took a taxi for Miraflores to a club she wanted to go to.  It was very swank, in a kind of house on the corner with manicured gardens and pathway to the front door, which was manned by a gentleman in a suit with a clipboard.  I feared we wouldn't get in when he asked for our reservations, but he ushered us in all the same.
Sandra's mom, Flavi & Sandra
  The first floor had a birthday party going on in the side room and the revelers were dressed to the nines with some wearing crowns and partial masks.  Balloons and streamers were everywhere.  In the back the bartenders mixed us up a daquiri and pisco sour with maracuya fruit juice, the one I love so much.  We took our drinks upstairs and succumbed to the music.  There was a small dance floor adjoining the main room where most of the hipsters were sprawled out on elegant yet modern couches and cubes, but it was large enough to find a space and dance to the great cumbias, salsas, latin hip hop, merengues and reggaetons that the DJ was deftly spinning.  I could have danced the night away, which is saying a lot since down here things don't even get going until after midnight and often wrap up at the crack of dawn, but the cigarette smoke hung heavy in the air and it started to tire me out.  Sandra wanted to keep dancing but we agreed to leave somewhere around 2:30 in the morning.  I took the taxi with her to her house, which was far past where I was staying, for security reasons, and then came back to my residence well past 3 in the morning.  I was dead tired but strangly couldn't fall asleep.  The next morning I just had to get up for church...
Sandras mom & Flavia
Sandra's mom, Flavi & Sandra
Andrew & Sandra
Andrew & Sandra
Lima Nightlife & Entertainment review
Super trendy club with a great-looking and even better-dancing clientele from the upper income bracket. Well-healed Limenos in dapper threads hanging… read entire review
Lima