Singapore Travel Blog

It is our last day, and the last day is characterised by 2 train rides and 2 plane rides.

We had our last meal in China at Zhen Gong Fu (Our first meal was also at Zhen Gong Fu).  Then we travelled back to Shanghai.  Once at Shanghai, we went to the cat shop we went earlier to buy the cat tree at RMB 200.  Unfortunately, now they qoute us RMB 338.  I was disappointed even though RMB338 for a 3 tier cat tree is still a bargain.  But I cant bring myself to buy it, so we left, bought more bubble tea and cake, and head to Maglev station.

I didnt manage to appreciate how fast the MagLev train was until today.  It was fast...hahaha...Speed aside, the ride was also stable.  It didnt felt as if we were "floating" in midair, and the train journey took about less then 15 minutes to reach the airport.

Once we reached the airport, we spend all our money and checked in.  There was a delay at Shanghai airport and we took off 1 hour later.  Because we had to connect to the flight back to Singapore at Hong Kong, I was worried that we may not be able to make it.  The schedule connecting duration is about 1 hour 50 minutes.  A 1 hour delay at Shanghai meant we only had 50 minutes to do the transfer.  But luckily for us, the plane arrived on time.  We rushed to the transfer area and managed to get on to the connecting flight back home.

And the rest is history, it is true what people say "There is no place like home".  Seeing my family at the airport, and recalling the days in China, I am grateful that I am who I am, with the people who are around me.  Life goes on for me again....