Going to Amman

Amman Travel Blog

In the crowded cab
So around 4 pm we headed down to the entrance of ancient Jerash to get a cab, we were told that we weren't allowed to go in a cab on our own, and that groups should be at least three people, so in my cab we ended up being five people together, which was rather uncomfortable. We paid 15 JD to go from Jerash to hotel al Manar in Amman, which is way too much for a half hour drive. Our cab driver was very nice but had no idea where our hotel was so we drove around for a while asking locals for the way, something we would never have experienced in Denmark, mostly because all cabs have a GPS.

We finally arrived at the hotel meeting up with the others agreeing to go to the Books@Cafe later, after a nice long shower, which we all desperately needed since the compound where we lived in Jerash didn't have an endless supply of water, we had one water tank that was filled once a week and therefore we only got to shower every other day even though we had hard physical work every day.
Books@Cafe
It wasn't that we smelled but that we were very dirty (moving around dirt will do that).

After our well-deserved shower we got the hotel reception to write down the address of the Books@Cafe and then gave it to our cab driver. However we ended up around five streets away, but at least we only paid 1.20 JD some of the others were ripped off 7 JD, and were dropped off at the same place as we were.

No matter what it was all worth it, the Books@cafe is really great, but I must say that free internet and alcohol might not always be that good, I later found out that I had written something rather weird on facebook.
Amman