A Gem of A Paris Hotel

Paris Travel Blog

A Standard Bedroom

When I book a hotel for clients or even for myself, I follow the L.A.P. rule....Location...Ambiance....and Price.

On a recent trip to Paris, I was able to find all three in a marvelous hotel.  My preferred hotel was not available, so I had to find an alternative.  I contacted a friend living in Paris who told me about a new hotel that had opened within the last year.

Normally, I am weary of hotels in which I have not stayed myself.  I do not like to recommend properties of which I am not personally familar.  But, based on my friend's suggestion, I booked the hotel.

The Villa Mazarin is a beautiful, exclusive hotel, right in the center of the Marais district, a vibrant and lively area, quite often considered the heart of Paris.  The hotel is well-maintained and offers some stunning accommodations.  Each floor has been decorated in a different color, the hotel itself is quite modern, yet the bedrooms have a very traditional feel with beautiful decor and furnishings.

The location could not be better.  The Marais is the old Jewish quarter with winding streets, pretty squares and quirky shops and boutiques.  The hotel benefits from an attractive inner courtyard where meals are served in the warm months.  Guests can order drinks in the romantically-lit cellar room or the courtyard, depending upon the weather.

As for ambiance, the hotel is rather upscale, but maintains an informality.  The key is unobtrusive service from the discreet staff.

Now is the time to take advantage of the low rates.  While officially a 3-star-plus hotel, prices are reasonable for Paris.  A standard double (with breakfast and taxes included) is about $250 a night. There are 3 types of rooms: standard, superior and duplex (split level).

Note that the entire hotel (including the bar) is non-smoking.  Also there is a no child policy (children under 16), so if you are travelling with family, this is not the place for you.

You can book The Villa Mazarin through Euro Villas Ltd. (www.eurovillasltd.com)

Paris